Friday, January 23, 2009

Love

Do you know when I said I knew nothing about love?
That wasn’t true.


I know a lot about love.


I’ve seen it.
I’ve seen centuries and centuries of it.


It was the only things that made watching your world bearable….
To see the way that mankind loves…
You could search the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful.



So yes.
I know that love is unconditional.


But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable.
But strangely easy to mistake for loathing.

What I’m trying to say, Tristian, is, I think I love you.


My heart feels like my chest can barely contain it.
Like it doesn’t belong to me anymore. It belongs to you.



And if you wanted it, I’d wish for nothing in exchange.
No gifts, to goods, to demonstrations of devotion.
Nothing but knowing you love me too.


Just your heart in exchange for mine.

This is from the beautiful movie Stardust.

I have literally sat here for 6 hours doing this because our computer is SO SLOW when it comes to weheartit.com. That's where all the pictures are from, BTW. Well I also watched 10 things I hate about you and I'm all filed with adorableosity, but still.

But I love this quote.

12 comments:

herecomesthesun said...

This is going to sound a bit dumb, but can you explain how you got those images from we heart it onto your blog?

because for me we heart it only ever lets me look at the photos in the squares but i can never seem to get beyond it, to the actual images, and to be able to save them to my computer and link to them etc etc.

am i missing something really obvious???

beautiful post by the way!

Emy Augustus said...

gah yes don't you HATE slow computers?!?!

this makes me want to check out weheartit.com

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

lovely post.
it made me feel all nice inside :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful post, my dear. this quote, i love it so much. i haven't actually seen the movie Stardust, but with this gorgeous quote from it, i guess i have to.
xoxo,
Micaela

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

those pictures are gorgeous, you want to go away to dream land.

herecomesthesun said...

hmmm i had another go at we heart it and i think it's something to do with the fact that my computer is old and dying. Usually it only lets me see the lists of 20 photos in squares and then when i click a photo it takes me to another page of more squares and so on, but a couple of times it let me see actual images. Bah. Stupid computer. But thanks for your help :)

Liv Bambola said...

Gosh it's so beautiful!! It paints such an amazing image! =) thanks for taking the time to post it...

Bambola x

Anonymous said...

Perfect.

TheMinx said...

wow, I looove your blog. It's really beautiful. Would you like to trade links?

LF said...

WeHeartIt is awesome, and so is this collection you have made. so lovely.

Nicki's Notebook said...

I recognised this quote straight away as I watched stardust the other day! Great post - your time spent on a slow computer is very worth it! xx

esme and the laneway said...

Such beautiful pictures! Very inspiring :)